Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Reese Report - An Update

We returned about an hour ago from seeing Dr. Benvenuti. He read the reports and examined Reese and then we talked. He told us that he looks at these things two ways - medically and as a person who loves animals. Medically Reese has many problems but at the moment there is no "dolore" or suffering. He is not in pain and he is well-looked after.

He asked if we would allow him to try a homeopathic treatment for the next three days and if at the end of that time things have not improved then we would make a decision. We agreed and I can only hope we didn't do so for selfish reasons or because we didn't want to face a more difficult decision. The next three days will tell.

23 ottobre - San Giovanni di Compastelo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will my heart is with the three of you. I've been there. All he needs now is your love and care which he is getting.

Dayle

Anonymous said...

All the best to Reecie.

Sailor.

Blake said...

My thoughts are with both of you and Reese at this trying time. I know you will make the right decisions. It saddens me that I may never see him again. Uncle Pervy

kbtoomer said...

I have tears in my eyes right now. Reese is such a sweetie, with his beautiful boyish charm... I love him lots. I love you lots. Know that my heart is with you during this difficult time. Always Bev

Doralong said...

I am so, so sorry... while I do very much hope for a rebound, I also know what letting go of your canine best friend feels like- you want to do the right thing, but the heart sometimes just doesn't want to have to face it.

tater said...

Sending my love and best wishes, and am hoping the homeopathic remedy helps your little guy!

more cowbell said...

Three days ... he's not suffering now ... just think about that. Here's to the good doc's treatment kicking in.