Saturday, May 10, 2008

Salzburger Zeitung - Saturday - I

Stone lion at Schloss Mirabel This stone lion in the Mirabel gardens isn't the only one enjoying the great weather. Its been 21c and glorious sunshine - the banks of the Salzach have been crowded with sun worshippers. And the cafe terraces and balconies have been full of locals and tourists enjoying their eis caffes and tortes. I won't even mention the chocolate marzipan cake confection I had earlier today at the Cafe Bazaar.

And this morning started with not one,


not two


but three ompah bands coming across the bridge from the Altstadt.


You definitely know you're in the Tirol!

10 maggio - San Isidore

3 comments:

sageweb said...

Hey that is cool. Did I miss something....is this normal for the bands to parade through the street?

Elizabeth said...

Just stopped by to say hi. I see you're out and about on a European explore. Have fun (and how could you not with all that Ooopah around?).

Anonymous said...

Have I told you this week that I am extremely envious of you?