Monday, June 30, 2008

Proudly Canadian

Tomorrow my country will be 141 years old - not old as countries go but as I look around me I realize how progressive it has been despite its youth.

Tomorrow will be a day of celebrating though of course those of us who call Canada home should be celebrating our country every day of our lives. We have so much to be thankful for and to be proud off. And when I read stories such as this about yesterday's Gay Pride Parade in Toronto my shallow chest puffs up just a little bit more with pride.

Another reason that I am proudly Canadian.

30 giugno - I Martiri Proromani

4 comments:

evilganome said...

I read about this in the news. Your southern neighbors have a lot of catching up to do. Happy Pride and Happy Canada Day!

Anonymous said...

O Canada!
Another proud Canadian
DF

sageweb said...

That is wonderful...It is hard to imagine we could ever catch up down here.

Doralong said...

Honey I wouldn't care if you were a zebra, I'd love you anyway..

PS- Well done you nice folks up north!