Monday, November 12, 2007

For All Thy Saints

The month started with Ognissanti (All Saints) which I think I mentioned was always one of my favorite feast days during my Anglo-Catholic days. When I started posting from Roma, on a whim and mostly because I love the Italian names, I decided to mark each of the Saint's Days - and which day isn't? - on my postings.

Wine RegionsIn a comment Larry was asking how I determine my Saint's Days as in many cases they don't seem to agree with official Church Calenders. Well the explanation is fairly simple - one of Laurent's colleagues at the Embassy was leaving just after we arrived and we inherited a calender from her called - very strangely - Italy in Wine. Strangely because the title may be in English but everything else is in Italian including the very lengthy and technical wines comments.

Calender SaintsEach month features a different wine region with a cute drawing of the area, the aforementioned blurbs on the wines of the region and a Calender listing all the Saint's Days for that month. So I've been using that - I figure they wouldn't lie to me on an offical Mulino Don Chisciotte Wine Calender! Would they?

12 novembre - San Emiliano

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to call November Novembre from now on.

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of John Elkann and Lavinia Borromeo giving their second child the name "OCEANO"? :D

Anonymous said...

Will you be celebrating each Saint's day with a bottle of wine from a region?

AMOROMA said...

The Roman calendar lists Saint Stanislaus Kostka for today. Here is a quote from him:

"I find a heaven in the midst of saucepans and brooms."
- Saint Stanislaus Kostka

He can come to my apartment whenever he likes!