Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Mercoledi Musicale

I mentioned that we were getting Elina Garanca here during the summer run of Carmen at the Baths of Caracalla. Here's the Latvian diva herself doing the Seguidille from that opera.



And just to add to the pulchritude here she is with Anna Netrebko in a familiar piece by Offenbach.


The opera queens operaphiles may not necessarily agree but I find both renditions more than enjoyable. I can hardly wait to see Garanca at the Baths - that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean!


06 maggio - San Giovanni ante Portam Latinam

2 comments:

sageweb said...

Very very nice voice, and she is very sexy, I wouldn't mind seeing her in a bath.

yellowdoggranny said...

oh that sage..she's such a caution...

i'm sure over time i'd learn to love opera..but i dont have that much time, so i'll stick to janis..