1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
2. Tag eight other un-tagged people.
- What is your current obsession?
That would have to be Nicky and Nora. And why not they are now the two most important creatures in the world.
- If you could have any super power what would it be?
- Which animal would you be?
Well if I were choosing the animal I most closely resemble I would say a jackass. But as to which would I prefer to be - a dog, go figure. Or maybe more specifically my dog, 'cause then I know I'd be spoiled rotten.The lion was a very potent symbol in early Christian art - it was regal, the king amongst beasts and there was a strange belief that they were born dead and then sprang to life three days later. These two struck me as more pussy cat than lion!
- Who was the last person you hugged?
Laurent and not nearly tight enough!
- What’s your favorite food in the whole world?
- What’s the last thing you bought?
First Take by Roberta Flack on I-tunes. It had been years since I heard it - it is still as wonderful as I remembered.
- What are you listening to right now?
The rumble of a distant tram on Via Regina Margherita and an ambulance heading to the Policlinico. Laurent is still sleeping so I haven't turned any music on.
- If you could buy one object right now, what would it be?
- What’s on your beside table?
Seven books, a photo of Laurent from the 1980s, a photo of our first daschies and a suede glass case.Even a bellows had to sing the glories of the Sforzi and the Church. And a portable chapel was a nice thing to have for private devotions while on the road.
- If you could have a house totally paid for, and fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Somewhere in the South of France - its always been my dream.
- What would you like to have in your hands right now?
That's a rather personal question!!!!!!
- What is your favorite children's book?
Little Men, though its been years since I read it. Hmm... add to summer reading list?I am always amazed by the woodcarvers' art - whither it be a chest of drawers, a tabernacle or a life size statue.
- What is your biggest fear/phobia?
Flying: take-off, landing and the bits in-between
- What's the bravest thing you've done in the past year?
Get up every morning.
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Funny I've never wanted to change my name - well except when I decided I was going to become a famous cabaret singer and my name was going to be Florien. Simply Florien - don't ask me why, maybe because Fabian was already taken?There are some rather strange paintings in the pinecotta of the Castello. The Infant Christ and a few of the others around him have a slightly Botero quality to them. And the gentleman sticking his finger up his nose is a decidedly unconventional portrait pose.
- What did you want to become as a child?
An actor, lord how I wanted to become an actor. Or an opera singer, or the aforementioned cabaret singer. What ever I did I knew I was going to have an adoring public. Hell I even practiced my curtain calls.
- What posters/pictures do you have on your bedroom wall?
This lithograph by an artist called Kas Sable hangs over the bed. We bought it in Provincetown about 25 year ago. The problem was bringing it back through Canada Customs. It was summer and the young female student working the border crossing was lost as to how to classify it. I do remember her rather astonished - and loud - exclamation: They've had him tied to the bed! Something I hadn't honestly noticed until she drew it to my attention.
- What were you wearing at your 21st birthday?
For god's sake who the hell can remember back that far? Yes I know someone who's 22!
- Say something to the person who tagged you:
Liz, I don't think I have to say it. Baci e abbracci
- Post a favorite childhood photograph of yourself.
I'm sure everyone my age group has one of these around somewhere. The gentleman came around with the pony and parents were pressured into having their kids photo taken - sort of the Nike runners of its period.
- What is your plan for tomorrow?
Other than a rather mundane work day I plan to attend an evening conference at the Accademia nazionale di danza. Its hosted by the wonderful Alberto Testa and they'll be showing a film of the legendary Zizi Jeanmarie dancing Roland Petit's Carmen. And I'll be with my dear friend Simonetta. Not bad for a Monday night.
- Does time really heal all wounds?
I'd like to think so but often there is still the odd ache or pain to remind you of a battle or a love lost.
After awhile you get to recognize the attributes of the various saints (and sinners); in the middle panel the man at the right with those oriental looking buns? Actually those are rocks - St Stephan was stoned to death.
I am not going to pass this on to anyone in particular - but I would enjoy seeing childhood photos of EG, Dora, Cowbell, Sling and a few others. I'm just saying.
24 maggio - Santa Maria Ausiliatrice