Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Blush

If you've scrolled through to the bottom of the blog you may notice that I've been given a new award. My friend JacqueSue, better known as YellowDog Granny felt kindly enough to include me in her list of people she wanted to receive the Bella Award.

YDG and I are a little bit like Donny and Marie - we're almost the same age but she's "a little bit country" and I'm a little bit "rock and roll". Okay that isn't really true she a good bit rock and roll too and I'm a little bit everything leaning heavy on the classical. But the point is that we have become friends - as far apart as we are geographically and as differing as our tastes may be, through this Internet thing we've come to appreciate each other as much for our differences as our similarities.

I look forward to hearing about what's been happening in West, Texas because its so much a part of what makes her special. I've come to know how much Annie means to her and through her posts when she was sick, was concerned and worried along with her. I love it when she writes about her beloved Cowboys - don't understand much about it but then she doesn't get my opera thing. And I know I can be guaranteed a laugh when she posts her "Stumbles." I enjoy her wit, her take on things, her wicked and warped sense of humour and the number of times she can use the word "fuck" in one sentence.

Now apparently there are rules with the Bella Award:

1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I've accepted the award with pleasure and posted it along with a way to get to over to visit with YDG (be warned that sometimes the posts are not for the faint-hearted or prudish, this is a woman who speaks her mind.)

I'm not going to pass the award along to 15 people - mostly because YDG has taken the links right out of my mouth for a few. But I will add four people - though at the moment the first three are so busy with work, family and homes that they don't necessarily post on a regular basis. The fourth keeps us up to date with happenings in her corner of the North West US and beyond.

So I'm passing it on to four women I have grown to love and care about:

My Darling Dora - the hottest Lady in Red I know.
Cowbell - who's let us in, though not as often as I wish, on the growings and adventures of her brood, the dogs and TOFH!
Elizabeth - an artist in so many ways, though chiefly in living.
Lorraine - our Rainey is the one active wench and here wench is a good word!

Here's to you ladies!

13 maggio - Nostra Signora di Fatima

4 comments:

Doralong said...

Now I'm blushing... thank you.

J.S. is a constant source of amazement, amusement and enlightenment, much like your own self dear heart.

yellowdoggranny said...

i knew you would pick them..they rock!..and thanks so much for the kind words..u also rock!

Elizabeth said...

Oh thank you dear! I've been distracted lately and out of touch, but what a nice thing to come home to.
xoxo

more cowbell said...

Oh Florien! First I'm memed, now I'm awarded!

First, yes, it's funny that you and YDG are two bloggers that I thoroughly enjoy, and yes, you're about as opposite as can be. The blogworld rocks.

Second, I'm honored that my constant railing and bitching, and the neverending exploits of This Old Motherfucking House, were worthy of winning a prize. Whoo-hoo!