Friday, June 12, 2009

Sharing

Its been a while since I've shared some of my favorite posts with you but its not because there's been a lack of things out there just that there's been a lot going on here. I am still visiting and enjoying all my regulars plus a few new ones. I don't mean to be jingoistic here but Laurent has decided to try his hand at blogging. He's got one called Larry Muffin At Home - and don't even ask where the Muffin comes from!

Aside from his new blog I also have two postings that I read this week that effected me very much. Both from my dear friend Elizabeth. Liz was the first person who ever asked to use something from my blog and from that simple e-mail request a friendship developed. She's a remarkable lady with remarkable talents, not the least of which is her writing.

  • When I read this posting earlier this week I so wished in my heart that it would be what happened in every family, though sadly I know that is not the case.
  • The events this week at the Holacaust Memorial in Washington were frightening and paint a sad picture of the state of a nation; Elizabeth was close enough to those events that they resonated with her and her family.

The first post fills me with hope, the second despair.

12 giugno - Giovanni da San Facondo González de Castrillo

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

i have added mrmuffin to my bloglines and will be stoping by to tell him howdy..you might want to warn him about me so he won't freak out..ha
isn't elizabeth wonderful? i love her and her family..and so grateful to the goddess from preventing her and her family from being in washington that day..how scary is that?

Elizabeth said...

I'm blushing! Thanks my dear! (And you too, Granny.) Hugs.