Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I'm Such an Ex-Pat II

That old adage about great minds etc. Well don't I go over to visit Michelle at Bleeding Espresso this morning and what's she talking about but the way to make an ex-pat happy. And how is that - comfort food from home, of course. And I thought my little shopping trip on Sunday was an adventure, take a look at all the goodies she stocked up on. The comments from various ex-pats and ex-ex-pats and would be ex-pats give a great insight into living away from home.

And she got bacon too!

06 gennaio - La Epiphania

7 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Yeah, I have to admit, you could take away all the other stuff and just leave the bacon and I'd be one happy girl :)

Doralong said...

Well of course she got the bacon, don't be silly!

yellowdoggranny said...

our local grocery store has a little meat market in the back where you can buy lunch meat by the 1/2 lb if you want or 3 slices of bacon..they have the best bacon ever..i heart bacon

Sling said...

Bacon is an essential part of a balanced breakfast..Do they have bisquits and gravy in Italy?

Elizabeth said...

Mmmm.... Crappy food from home! As I remember vividly, there are few joys that touch it!

Anonymous said...

I've been away so long that I forget what I miss... except for nice soft toilet paper... Ok and the occasional Dulce con leche or Cookie Dough Haagendaz (sp?).

Anonymous said...

And speaking of bacon, I remember the time in Khartoum when I was on leave from Darfur (in the days when I still ate bacon).. I found a shop that had a freezer in a dark back corner. Overhead was a large skull and crossbones with a sign that said NON-MUSLIMS ONLY. Inside was the decadent bacon... And it was as real as it gets...