Sunday, April 01, 2007

Spring Awakening

Not sure what flower this is
Again I'm dumb with the names of flowers
A type of snow drop... I think!
Could be tulips, maybe hyacinth
Around this time every year the garden starts to come alive again - and every year I am surprised that anything has survived the -35c winters. But survive much has and things are starting to show through the detritus of last fall and winter. But given this is Ottawa and it is only April 1st I'm not going to rush to uncover things - we could still have one or two more snow storms.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the flowers.

BigAssBelle said...

-35!!!!!!!! oh. my. god.

i also love the tender green things peeking up from the grass. everything in life is cyclical and i find that comforting. it's affirming to see this life returning where all was dead before.