Monday, December 17, 2007

A Little Good News

Patricia Pearson, an author and contributor to op-ed pages of USA Today, NYTimes and the Guardian, offers "a gift basket" of the good news stories that go unreported on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) website. I love the comment about the FoxNews scroll.

I've been in a bit of a "I hate Rome" mood the past day or two so taking a page from Patricia's piece I'm going to start compiling a list of all the Good Things here.

Laurent and Reese
Starting with Laurent and Reese.

17 decembre - San Lazzaro

6 comments:

Doralong said...

What more could you need dear?

evilganome said...

Both Laurent and Reese are looking very handsome. I had no idea you are Mac users! I knew there was a reason I like you so much.

Elizabeth said...

At the end of "The Wizard of Oz," Dorothy says, "I learned that, if I ever go looking for my hearts desire again... I shouldn't look any further than my own back yard." Emotionally, that's what it all comes back to, for me in the rustbelt, or for you in Rome. And, may I say, the population of your back yard looks very sweet.

more cowbell said...

what a sweet picture! Home is where the heart is, and all that.

BigAssBelle said...

oh no! you're hating rome :(

but that is a bunch of good news. leave it to canada to come up with a program like that pathways to education, and to preserve the grand lake. amazing. i so admire your people.

Good news! Most people still have their feet! And they’ve kept their heads! And worn their hearts on their sleeves, and been decent, and tried their best.


and that was very sweet. but not nearly as sweet as your two beloved boys sitting together and captured in a quiet moment by the most lovable, magnificent you.

Anonymous said...

I echo Belle's sentiments (she phrases them so much better, I think). Your boys are handsome, and are the reason for moments of gratitude all on their own. Where is our picture of our sweet Willym?