The process of bring him into Italy was a complicated one, we had to:
- Have a microchip implanted.
- Have his rabies vaccination up-dated.
- Have our Vet complete – in block letters, blue ink only, no erasures or overwrites – an EU entry form.
- Have that form validated by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (?) Vet, who did not like the way it was completed by our Vet and made us get another one.
- Have a Vet in Montreal do a final health check 24 hours before our departure.
But it’s been a hard two weeks for him – moving from place to place, boxes all over the place, strange people, strange smells and a complete change of routine. And suddenly at 14 he has to be re-trained to apartment living. Unusually for him there have been accidents and his embarrassment has been visible. But no matter where he goes, Reese is always resourceful at finding someplace to burrow – even if it’s just a pile of dirty laundry.
9 Agosto - ss. Fermo e Rustico