Thursday, August 09, 2007

Food! Glorious Food!

We’ve eaten extremely well the past two weeks – at friends’, in Restaurants and at home.

I've been heading out with my little net bag food shopping every day - and no contrary to popular belief I do not wear a black kerchief and rolled down stockings! Being Ferragosto most of the small shops and stands are closed - in fact most of the city is closed down - but we do have a local supermarket which has a good selection of everything including wines.

Here’s some of the fixin’s for last night’s dinner:

Tuesday's dinner
Antipasto:
Artichokes Romano
Grilled Eggplant
Sun-dried Tomatoes
Olives

Primi:
Grilled Garlic and parsley Hamburgers patties
Radicchio, Fennel and Cucumber Salad

Peaches and Grapes

All washed down with a nice little red wine from Friuli and a bottle of mineral water. And that’s a fairly standard evening meal at our place. And both of us have lost a bit of weight – go figure.

9 Agosto - ss. Fermo e Rustico

6 comments:

BigAssBelle said...

with my little net bag food shopping every day . . . oh! that is my dream of europe!!!!

goodness, the food looks luscious. lovely, lovely. lucky you.

BigAssBelle said...

but i really do wish you'd snag one of those kerchiefs and roll those stockings ~

more cowbell said...

What?! You're not doing it right if you don't have the rolled down stockings. And the sensible shoes.

Whole foods, no boxed crap. Yep, that's why I was a size 6/8 over there, and here ... not. looks delicious!!

evilganome said...

God that looks good. I think the pace of life is probably more conducive to this kind of shopping. That said, I am trying to not do all my grocery shopping in one fell swoop any more and to eat as I buy. It looks wonderful. I could really go for some of those artichokes.

Doralong said...

Intense jealousy here..

Good to hear y'all are safe and sound. Now the fun part- unpacking! Have to love that month or two of wondering where the heck you put stuff!

Ciao bellas!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous as I sit and salivate over your dinner, that my skin has turned a shade of green. Glad you are enjoying yourself, and it's so nice to read you again!