Monday, July 12, 2010

Lunedi Lunacy

My friend Cathy - who sort of acts as a talent scout for this sort of thing - sent this one to me. It worth slogging through the first minute of typical French television verbosity to get to the act.



They remind me of an act I recall from the old Ed Sullivan show - the Nitwits. Unfortunately the only clips of them I found were not great quality but you might want to take a look at:

Hollywood Palace - Petulia Clark

or

Hollywood Palace - Jack Benny

Though the act may be considered in many ways politically incorrect today, it was the sort of thing that made us laugh back then. Pagagnini follows the tradition to prove once more that everything old is new again!

12 luglio - San Giovanni Gualberto Visdomini

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And did you notice that the cello is being played like a guitar? Good thing it wasn't a bass.