Saturday, July 10, 2010

40 Years in 3 Minutes

I've never been a big Billy Joel fan and though I remember his "We Didn't Start the Fire" I must admit I've never paid much attention to the lyrics.

Well it appears a very talented chap from University of Chicago with a lot of spare time, Google and curiosity was able to create a video that gives visual sense to that string of names and events in Joel's song.


Apparently Joel meant it as an homage to 40 years of news events since his birth in 1949. It has been said that some teachers use it in schools as a teaching aid for history.

Take a look it really is fascinating:

We Didn't Start the Fire


And according to someone out there if you are 65 or over and lived in North America you should remember 90% of the events - I think I clocked in at about 95% so that must make me around 70!

Many thanks to Elaine for sending me the link.

10 luglio - San Silvano

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Very cool -- a real trip down memory lane!