Sunday, October 18, 2009

È Una Buona Cosa*

*Its a good thing!!!!! - Okay so its a literal translation of Martha's tag line but I'm sure my Italian friends - Marco, Walter, Vin, Christine or Simonetta - will correct me if its wrong! They always do!

Someone was asking me the other day what my blog was about - so I started listing: opera, music, travel, food, Rome, Italy, the Hounds from Hell, Theatre, ballet, language, almost anything that comes across my line of vision. Frankly I believe in the power of serendipity.

"What no household hints?" they interjected with a slight note of disdain in their voice.

So without further ado here is the first in a series of household hints sent me by my friend Candy.

Laurent always has a banana at breakfast - oh grow up the lot of you, honestly! - so let's start off with a few banana hints.
Banana Bites

Peel a banana from the bottom and you won't have to pick the little 'stringy things' off it. That's how the primates do it.

Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.

At the ballet the other evening Simonetta was complaining that her silk skirt was doing the old static cling number. Though she has lovely legs it wasn't the effect she was going for as we sashayed across the lobby of the Teatro Nazionale.
Reducing Static Cling

Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and .... ta da! ... static is gone.
And to the questioner: Did I mention household hints?

18 ottobre - San Luca evangelista

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

wow...i love your hints..i have a whole list of things you can do with wd-40...ha