Monday, December 02, 2013

Lunedi Lunacy

Let the Yule Fun begin!

Strangely in my house as I was growing up who brewed the tea in the morning was never a question. It was my father. From the day they were married until he was incapacitated 35 years later my father brought my mother a cup of tea to bed every morning of their married life. And I always got mine - more milk than tea and with lots of sugar. Rather sweetly Laurent would do that for my mother whenever she visited us - I'm still waiting for mine.

December 2 - 1763:  Dedication of the Touro Synagogue, in Newport, Rhode Island, the first synagogue in what will become the United States.


Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly your father had read his Bible right to the back!

Laurent said...

Sorry I make tea or coffee, feed the dogs and walk them too. Some people do not notice that, I suppose.

Ur-spo said...

I would be honored to make morning tea and serve you in bed. I pride myself in knowing how to make a proper cup. You tell that man of yours if he doesn't shape up I will come to Canada and take his spot!