Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thinking of Christmas in June???

Anyone who knows me, or thinks they know me, knows that I have far too many Christmas ornaments. And even in the old days with a 9 foot tree many of them were left in the box at the Yuletide trim; and with a much smaller one in our new location even more find themselves nestled amongst tissue rather than pine boughs. And I have vowed more than once that enough was enough and there was not to be another Christmas tree ornament enter the house.

Well that was until I saw this really sweet Danish solider in full dress uniform in the Royal Copenhagen store on Stroget! No I don't mean a real Danish soldier I mean this blown-glass chappie in the busby standing guard outside the Amalienborg Palace.  I mean how fine is he going to look seven months from now hanging in a place of honour on the tree????


And I swear, once again but this time I mean it, this is the last Christmas ornament I will buy. Honestly!

12 June - 1942: Anne Frank receives a diary for her thirteenth birthday.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never say never They have some lovely stuff in Russia and great ornaments in Sweden too I bet.

CP

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Addiction is a terrible thing. But that IS an awfully nice ornament!

M. Knoester said...

My dear, it IS the last one you'll buy. Until the next one.