Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Mercoledi Musicale

Though we may not have danced to this at the old Manatee Club - it burnt down one night back in 1978 - I recall dancing my little buns (and they were little in those days) off at a long forgotten club in Hull. This tough little dyke called Suzanne rented the lobby of a Canadian Government building on weekends and turned it into the biggest gay disco in town. We donned our best Saturday night dancing clothes and after a few drinks at the Lord Elgin hotel headed over to Hull, where closing time was a civilized 03:00 am. God were we every that young?



Laura Branigan also does a great cover of The Power of Love - beats the pants off that French Canadian woman IMHO.

09 aprile - San Antonio Pavoni

3 comments:

sageweb said...

That was nice. I loooove her.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the jog down memory lane!
DF

Anonymous said...

lol, the older I get the more of a personal anthem this song becomes. Oy, I need a tablet.