Sunday, October 09, 2011

A Thought, a Prayer

As I mentioned in the previous post this weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada; a time of joining with friends and family to give thanks for the many things that we have been graced with. And it is also a time to think of family and friends who are enduring difficulties and trials.

When I was living in Italy it was an easy thing to drop into a nearby church and light a candle as a way of remembering those I love and care about in their time of need.   It is not quite as easy now but that does not mean that I can't light a virtual candle and tonight as I give thanks for my blessings  remember in my thoughts and prayers my dear friend Elizabeth, her darling Kirk and the girls.  I am holding them close in my heart and my thoughts, I only wish there was more that I could do.


For those of you who pray I ask that your remember them in your prayers - or if you are not given to prayer then pause for a moment and as you give thanks for your many blessings think of them.


2 comments:

David said...

Assuming we're talking about the same Elizabeth, I have so missed her inspiring posts, not to mention her superb poems, and I guessed there must be something up (indeed, I think she intimated as much).

Whatever it is of course - irreligious as I am - I'll light a candle for her and her family. Do send her my warm regards as someone who only knows her through her words.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanksgiving blessings to you and your husband, Willym! And many sincere wishes for Elizabeth and her family.