Thursday, July 21, 2011

If You Can't Stand the Heat ....

I will not go into the global warming argument here but what the hell is going on? It reached 36c (96.8f) today here in Ottawa. And that was before they took the humidity index into account - anyone remember when we didn't have a humidex?

So is this some sort of punishment for me leaving Roma? Or maybe because New York approved same-sex marriage? Whatever it is going out today - the kids needed food and I needed money to get the kids food - was not a pleasant experience but thanks to my friend Cathy who chauffeured me around  it was bearable.  And also thanks to her for this laugh first thing this morning.



21 luglio - San Lorenzo da Brindisi

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Aren't you used to that kind of heat from living in Italy? LOL!

David said...

It rains a lot in Roma, right? And it's raining and raining here - heat seems inconceivable, today at any rate.

yellowdoggranny said...

103 here with heat index of about 108..feck

yvette said...

I keep forgetting you are not in the 'neighbourhood'. It rained heavily here on the 19, and now it is chilly with a high wind blowing... Orange is going to be fun if it does not get better.. (I have stopped attending Orange). You must feel better by now! So welcome 'home'...what about your little ones after all that?