Anyway here are a few observations/highlights/thoughts:
- If you get a relaxing message at the Rex Hotel - expect them to want to recreate the entire American journalist experience for you (more about that later)
- The drive to the airport in Saigon took 50 minutes to go 7 km - those bloody scooters again
- When we got there our 1130 flight had been rescheduled for 1100 - couldn't be delayed the way everyone says AC always is.
- The flight was on a beautiful brand new 777 - very attractive and attentive service and a great flight - Vietnam Airlines is doing something right!
- No I did not look at the dog being sold as meat at the market during our cooking school tour.
- The drivers in Hanoi are scaredy-cat chicken-shits compared to the drivers in Saigon
- People here are incredible - friendly and helpful
- The Vietnam War is known here as The American War - depends on your perspective
- The "Hanoi Hilton" is pretty bloody scary.
- A little of the Water Puppet Theatre goes a long way.
Hope to have some pictures and something more tomorrow.