Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Mercoledi Musicale



I only wish that I could join Vanessa Williams in singing this great number from Harold Arlen's House of Flowers.



Though nobody beats Diahann Carroll who first sang the song in her 1954 Broadway debut, the combination of Vanessa Williams and the incredible cello obbligato by Martha Babcock is pretty darn fine.  If that doesn't melt the snow, nothing will.

The view from our living room this morning - yeah, yeah it's lovely.  Just a Winter Wonderland!
Talk to me sometime in late February and we'll compare wonderlands!  Okay?


Sadly I "has seen" snow - last night's "first big dump" of the winter wasn't quite as bad as they were predicting but .....   it's only November for heaven's sake!  If this is what we get in November what will we be getting the remaining  122 days before the official beginning of Spring?

November 27 -  1810: The Berners Street Hoax was perpetrated by Theodore Hook in the City of Westminster, London.
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Isn't another big storm on its way? Or just bone-chilling cold? I can't remember what I heard on the forecast tonight for the Ottawa region.

Ur-spo said...

It just wouldn't be Canada without a lot of snow, right?

Harpers Keeper said...

Thanks for sharing (what to me is) a new version of a great song. My favorite recording is Audra McDonald's but I never got to see Diahann Carroll's version.