According to one of those lists on About.com that is the choice I have when it comes to getting Laurent a gift to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary.
A traditional gift would be:
- Candy - to symbolize the sweetness of our love
- Iron - to represent the strength of our marriage
- Wood - to signify a long-lasting and solid relationship
- white (?????)
- calla lilies - which signify "magnificent beauty" in the language of flowers
- Making candy together
- Planting a tree together:
- An oak represents solidity
- A pine represents the evergreen character of our love- A flaming red maple represents the flaming passion we have for each other- A flowering crab (?) tree represents love eternal
I think we'll just wish each other Happy Anniversary, thank each other and the powers that be for six - well okay actually 34 if you could the 29 year engagement - years together, hug, walk the dogs and go to the Lieutenant's Pump for breakfast. Beats the heck out of candy, iron or wood!
|Just before we exchanged our vows, our Reesie decided he wanted to be picked up.|
Laurent has a picture of the three of us and further memories of the day on his blog.
Happy Anniversary P....l from P.....g.
July 21 - 356 BC: The Temple of Artemis in Ephesus, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, is destroyed by arson.