Morsels to excite Venus.
Proven many times and which increase sperm. They do not cause any harm.
- 3 drams each of walnuts, pine-kernels and pistachio nuts;
- 3 drams each of powdered seeds of rocket, onion and knotgrass (also known as swine-grass or bloodwort)
- Half a dram each of cloves, cinnamon and ginger
- 1.5 ounces of skinned skinks (saltwater lizards) - four should suffice with heads and feet removed and ground to a fine powder
- 1 ounce of Indian nut (coconut)
- 1 dram each of long pepper, galangal, seeds of wild asparagus, chickpeas (the red variety)
- 3 ounces of diasatirion*
- A dram of ambergris
- Half a dram of musk
- 12 ounces of sugar dissolved in rosewater
*also known as "wolf's testicles" it was a concoction based on the bulbous roots of an orchid.
|And it would appear that after ingesting these biscotti Venus embarked upon a rather elaborate voyage if this little "Triumph of Love" is to be credited. (A left click will enlarge the picture for a closer look)|
|It would appear this Satyr is in no need of Dottore Rosselli's magic morsels - and one wonders where these naughty putti's mothers are. Shouldn't they be home in bed rather than helping the horny old bugger (litterally) in his depravity?|
01 settembre/September - Sant'Egidio abate