Friday, April 01, 2011

The Flowers That Bloom In the Spring....

I was surprised a few days back when I noticed that Betty Jean's Christmas cactus had sprouted a few buds. It well past last Christmas and a long way until next but sprout it has and this morning one of the buds burst forth. I can only assume that in the spirit of the season I will find a large gift under the ... hmmm there's the rub!


And the orchid that our friend Lionel gave Laurent last year for his birthday has given forth three delicate and daintily coloured blooms.


And that is only inside - the real signs of spring started to appear a few weeks ago in the parks and streets around the house. So its once again time to sing that old Ottawa Valley ditty:
Spring is sprung!
The Grass is rize!
I wonder where the birdies is?

They say the birds is on the wing
But that's absurd.
I knows the wings is on the bird!
 01 aprile - San Venanzio di Delminium


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are really coming along! Guess it's the warm weather and sun you have.

CP